December 17, 2016

Big On Birthdays

Happy Saturday! Wow, it sure is brutally cold! We are into a deep freeze here in NYS but we're supposed to warm up this weekend. Current temps are those we usually see at the end of January, early February. Brrrr! Any way, I have another sneak peak into the new catalog for you. It's the brand new stamp set, Big on Birthdays. This set is awesome. The stamps are larger than life! Really, the stamp that I uses on this cars is the size of the palm of my hand!
I actually made this card for my best friend's birthday. She happens to be 2 days older than me. We met in nursing school many years ago and we have remained the best of friends ever since. I love her dearly and plan to get this out in the mail right off so she gets it in time. So, for the instructions on this one:
I began with a Soft Suede card base cute 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/4"
I cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock 1 3/4" x 5 1/2" and ran it through the Big Shot with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder
I then ran a piece of Very Vanilla through the Big Shot with the "So Detailed" Thinlit.
Finally, using the marker technique, I inked up the stamp, I uses Flirty Flamingo on the flowers from the 2016-2018 In-Color Stampin' Write Markers, Mint Macaron from the 2015-2017 In-Color Stampin' Write Markers and the Happy Birthday with the Soft Suede marker from the Neutral collection. I cut that piece down to 2 1/8" x 41/4" and punched the corners using a retired corner punch. Finally, I adhered everything down to the front of the card.I just love the new die and this stamp set is a must have.

 I hope you enjoyed today's card. I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment below. And, if you haven't already, be sure to sign up for my newsletter. It's real easy, At the top of the right side bar, there is a sign up, when you do. you will get a tutorial delivered to your inbox and in the next few days, I will be sending all of my subscribers 4 more tutorials, You won't want to miss out on this so go ahead and subscribe.
Happy Stamping!
Katrina


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace