November 7, 2015

A Cozy Christmas


Well, I hope wherever you are, you have been experiencing the beautiful fall weather that we have been enjoying here in the Northeast. Unusually warm temperatures and lots of sun…not normal this time of year in these parts but I sure will take it and be grateful; it won’t be long and old man winter will be here putting us into the deep freeze. Brrrr, I shutter at the thought, however, A Cozy Christmas does warm me up. I love this stamp set and couldn’t wait to use it.

 

Here is my take on this beautiful stamp set and how I did it:

I cut an 8 ½”x11” Whisper White CS at 5 ½”x8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”

I cut the 12”x12” Glitter paper to 5 ¼”x4”

Night of Navy panel is 5”x3 ¾”

Using the Circle Framelits, counting from the outside in, I cut the Night of Navy with the 3rd framelit and the Whisper White with the 4th framelit.

I stamped the cabin from the A Cozy Christmas stamp set onto the Whisper White circle using Basic Black Archival Ink. I punched a 1” circle from a sticky note to create a mask for the moon and placed it over the smoke stack created by the cabin stamp; I then sponged Night of Navy ink to the “sky” area around the cabin. I stamped the flying Santa Sleigh from the stamp set using the Basic Black Archival Ink, added glue from the glue pen to the snow covered roof, the ground and the snow covered trees and sprinkled with the dazzling diamonds.

I adhered the Night of Navy panel to the Glitter paper using Tombow Mono-adhesive (green glue) and adhered them onto the Whisper White card base using the same glue,

Once the Dazzling Diamonds glitter was dry, I adhered the stamped image to the Night of Navy circle with Snail adhesive, and then adhered them to a paper doily with the same. I then popped them up with Stampin’ Dimentionals and adhered them to the card front.

The sentiment that I used comes from the stamp set, To You and Yours Too, also from the holiday catalog. The ink that I used is retired, it is the Silver Metallic Ink from last year’s holiday catalog, however, it is easily found at your local craft stores. That’s it, very simple and yet elegant with all the sparkle. So, what do you think? Leave me a comment below and let me know what your thoughts.

Thanks again for stopping by my little corner of the web and I wish you all a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace